A fantastic opportunity has arisen for the full-time permanent position of a Machine Vision Developer within B-hive Innovations.
This could be the perfect next step in your career and a chance to be at the forefront of developing the next generation of image-based solutions. You’ll be working on exciting and innovative projects to solve real day to day fresh produce and agricultural industry issues. Reporting to the Research and Development Project Manager and working closely with other B-hive team members, you will develop and support computer vision projects across the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and implementing machine vision techniques/methods for the fresh produce industry
- Proposing and applying cutting–edge algorithms to add value to our projects and datasets
- Converting research prototypes into production systems
- Helping to deliver solutions to shape the future of technology in fresh produce
- Transferring knowledge to other members of the team
- Reading research papers
- A PhD in computer vision and machine learning is preferred but master’s degree with relevant experience will also be considered
- Strong coding skills C++, C#, and Python
- Hands on experience with OpenCV
- Experience with vision systems for object detection and image segmentation
- Knowledge in structure motion, 3D reconstruction and machine learning
- Ability to think outside the box and embrace new ideas
- A willingness to pitch in with the team and get your hands dirty!
Some travel is involved, so you’ll need a full driving licence.
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00. Weekend cover may also be required during the harvest season.
Find out more and apply: https://www.b-hiveinnovations.co.uk/careers/machine-vision-developer