Agri-Tech Week 2018: Scientific Advances in Agriculture
Earlham Institute, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7UZ
5 November, 2018
The Earlham Institute presents a three-part workshop featuring Carousel Activities of live demonstrations, laboratory tours and finishing with transforming food workshop discussions.
As part of Agri-Tech Week 2018, experts at the Earlham Institute (EI) will be showcasing agricultural based technologies that could benefit our region. The aim of ‘Scientific Advances in Agriculture’ is to provide a platform to facilitate discussions, and formulate new collaborations, between scientists on the Norwich Research Park and the local agricultural community.
18.25 Welcoming Address and Event Structure
18.30 Carousel Activities
- MinION live genome sequencing demonstration – Dr Peter Bickerton, Scientific Communications and Outreach Manager
- Biomanufacturing insect pheromones to control agricultural pests – Dr Nicola Patron, Synthetic Biology Group Leader
- In field crop monitoring system demonstration – Dr Ji Zhou, Phenomics Project Leader
- The Future of Wheat Breeding – Dr Anthony Hall, Head of Plant Genomics
19.10 Tours of NGS, DNA Foundry and HPC laboratories
including bonfire night inspired refreshments
20.30 Transforming Food Workshop, discussing:
- Genome Technologies in Agriculture – where are we now and where are we going?
- How could synthetic biology impact agriculture?
- How In-field AI and robotics can increase crop yield
- What Can Genomics Do For Crop Advancement?
21.30 Departures and Networking
Further information and event registration: http://www.earlham.ac.uk/scientific-advances-agriculture
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Number: 01603 450523
3 BASIS Points will be available to attendees.