Agri-Tech Week 2018 – Solving the challenges of crop protection
Chapman Lounge, College Lane, University of Hertfordshire
5 November, 2018
This event will explore the innovative and cutting edge solutions being developed to improve crop protection in the face of environmental change.
The University of Hertfordshire works collaboratively with farmers, crop protection and plant breeding companies, government research bodies and agricultural charities and a number of projects will be discussed along with learning points on managing successful collaborations.
Hear from researchers and industry experts on emerging crop protection methodologies and gain knowledge of best practice for managing collaborative projects and accessing funding.
12.00 Arrival and refreshments
12.30 Networking and buffet lunch
13.00 Talks begin
- A Welcome from our Pro Vice-Chancellor of Research and Enterprise, Professor John Senior
- Development of an Automated Smart Trap for Wheat Pathogen Detection
- A Glimpse into a KTN PhD Studentship
- Alternative approaches to controlling nematodes: from soil to sky
- Challenges of disease control on oilseed rape in the UK
13.55 Tours of the new UH Science Building
This event is free to attend
More information and registration
2 BASIS points will be available to attendees.
Business Development Team [email protected]