“Ever thought of using your technical skills to make a difference in food security and poverty reduction?”
“Want to combine your interest in digital technology and empower small-scale farming communities to improve their families’ livelihoods?”
Great, so do we! At Farming Data, we’re building an inclusive market access tool for impoverished farmers across the world. And we need your help and expertise to do it!
About our startup
Farming Data develops user-centric software and uses an inclusive approach to enable farmers in rural areas to connect to markets better. With a vision of reaching the SDGs by 2030, our aims are to help reduce post-harvest waste, shorten the reach to local and regional buyers, and double the incomes of small-scale farmers.
We are passionate about empowering small-scale farmers across the world to embrace the digital revolution, by developing tools that are inclusive of their needs. Internally, we encourage an environment of being evidence-based, being user-focused, driving healthy growth, and learning from our mistakes!
What you’ll do in your role
- Work closely with our founders to define and iterate technical roadmaps and product designs
- Build applications across an array of Android devices
- Work with other developers and designers to create the best user experience
- Grow in your understanding of a variety of emerging technologies and methods
- Connect regularly with team members (using remote video meeting tools)
Who you are
- Have 1+ year experience in software coding / computer science / engineering (whether from Bachelor’s degree, equivalent training, or work experience)
- Have a good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and programming languages
- Be familiar with the Android tool ecosystem (or be able to pick it up quickly!)
- Can bring new ideas to the table and help drive technical decisions
- Enjoy working with others in a flat organisation. Farming is a team effort after all!
- Be proactive and learn new things quickly!
This sounds like me!
Hurray! We’re excited to learn more about you. Tell us about yourself and share what you’re passionate about on this Google Form here . Don’t forget to attach a CV!
Benefits and perks
- Regular travel to rural farming communities throughout Colombia. If you haven’t been to Colombia, you’re in for a treat! It’s a beautiful country. We pay for our team to travel and work alongside our partner organizations and farmers. They’re just as eager to meet you as we are.
- Opportunity of equity plan for employees
- Regular personal career development opportunities. We want you to grow as we grow.
If you have any questions, drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org