Hummingbird Technologies is an artificial intelligence business, using imagery and data analytics from drone and satellite technology, along with proprietary algorithms, to provide farmers with 2cm/pixel maps of their crops at canopy level, and at critical decision making junctions in the season.
Hummingbird uses the most advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques, delivering actionable insights on crop health directly to the field. Hummingbird has done a vast amount of R&D work and has flown in excess of 250,000 hectares, across 12,000 flights.
The actionable data being processed and provided back to the customer within 24 hours, in a mobile app and desktop format, with maps downloadable as exportable treatment maps in shapefiles.
Hummingbird offers a range of different services across crops such as Cereals, Potatoes, Soy Bean, Sugar Beet and Oil Seed Rape. Including stress detection, detection of diseases, weed grass mapping, nutrient management mapping as well as yield prediction and plant counting in row crops.
Hummingbird currently operates in the UK, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, Australia and New Zealand and is backed by the likes of the European Space Agency (ESA), Beeswax Dyson, Velcourt, BASF, Newable Private Investing, Downing Ventures, and Horizon Ventures. For more information on Hummingbird Technologies, please go to hummingbirdtech.com/
● Think critically to solve problems faced by the growers and provide agronomic input and advice to the next wave of key product development focused on pre-symptomatic disease detection, weed control
● Involvement in trials and research with strategic customers (such as leading agrochemical firms) and business partners
● Provide agronomic support in business development and account management efforts in the UK as well as overseas
● Coaching & mentoring other less agronomically knowledgeable team members
● Work closely with key partners (such as John Deere) by providing agronomic support for Hummingbird Technologies integration by third party agronomy platforms
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to simplify complex scientific concepts
● IT literate and exposure to latest agritech tools, such as agri-platforms
● Strong background in crop protection and/or crop production
● A qualified Agronomist, with experience in a similar role
● BASIS qualification
● FACTS qualification
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office
● A full, clean UK driving licence
● Business Development Experience would be an advantage
● A good time manager
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org