Salary dependent on experience.
As a firm with extensive agricultural connections, we’re expanding our specialist team once again and are looking for an experienced solicitor to work as part of our agricultural property team.
If you have at least three years’ PQE, please keep reading. Roythornes is a commercial practice with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property. We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people.
As you would expect, we are looking for people with proven intellectual ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and, most of all, the drive to exceed our clients’ expectations. In return, we offer competitive salaries and the chance to grow with us.
As the successful candidate, you will join other agricultural law specialists who are regarded as being among the best in their field. You will have empathy with the challenges faced by farm businesses and estates as they try to grow their businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in interesting and good quality work as a member of a growing team which looks outwards and thrives on delivering a great job for clients.
Day to day responsibilities are to:
- manage client/matter files under supervision, and ensure full compliance
- provide expert legal advice to a range of clients including the negotiation and drafting of documentation
- carry out in an effective, efficient and timely manner the various stages of legal proceedings with the aim of protecting the interests of the client
- meet agreed KPIs and exhibit a commercial approach to financial management
- help develop new business from existing clients and other professionals
- commit to continued professional development in this specialist sector
Applicants will be a qualified solicitor with at least two years’ PQE and preferably five years’ plus, and should:
- have an understanding of the agricultural sector and an appreciation of the specific needs of this client group
- have a positive approach to team work and an ability to develop relationships
- have an appreciation of property law and co-ownership issues
- have an interest in the more technical aspects of agricultural law – CAP schemes, shooting leases, etc
- have the ability to adapt to a broad range of circumstances and remain calm under pressure
- have flexibility and ambition
- have a strong desire to learn and widen knowledge
- have the ability to act independently to a reasonably high level, but also to work with more experienced partners and fee earners on more complex and specialised matters, as required
- have experience of building relationships with both new and existing clients and professionals, as well as a natural ability to promote marketing and business development initiatives in a dynamic way
- possess good communication skills in order to explain legal matters clearly to clients
- be discreet and have the ability to respect client confidentiality
- be able to tackle tasks in a structured manner to ensure completion to a high standard
- demonstrate solid organisation and time management skills
- have experience of working in a team and the ability to develop relationships with colleagues
- have proven drafting skills and attention to detail
- possess sound problem solving skills
- have the ability to adapt to a broad range of situations and circumstances and remain calm under pressure
To find out more and to apply please visit the Roythornes website here.