Innovate UK – UKRI has just announced the next call in the Transforming Food Production programme has opened, and is seeking applications to a total fund value of up to £20M.
ISCF Future food production systems funding call is looking for ambitious solutions that can help move UK food production towards a sustainable future.
Types of relevant projects include:
- Indoor growing systems
- aquaculture, including deep water and algal culture
- new food sources, including insects and fermentation based systems
The projects funded must address some of the following challenges:
- the development of new, resource efficient, low emission food production systems
- the technological and other bottlenecks that prevent existing state-of-the-art systems from supplying mainstream consumer markets
- significantly contribute to achieving net zero emissions across one or more food products
- provide nutrient dense foods that are accessible to mainstream consumers
- deliver other relevant benefits to society, such as reduced resource consumption, waste or improved animal welfare
- apply a systems approach as opposed to working on a single technology
This £20 million funding is from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund. So your proposal must demonstrate how the work and associated exploitation will meet the aims and objectives of the Fund’s Transforming Food Production challenge.
Competition opens: Tuesday 17 September 2019
Competition closes: Wednesday 22 January 2020 12:00pm
To check whether your project is in scope, email email@example.com at least 10 days before the close of the competition.
More information on the scope of the fund and how to apply https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/461/overview#scope